Over 700 different strains of cannabis exist, so it’s not surprising that using cannabis can result in different experiences.
Understanding how strains of cannabis impact your body and mind can help you tailor the experience to suit your preferences. If you’re looking to enjoy a “body high,” here are some of the best strains for a body buzz.
Different Types of Cannabis Highs
The cannabinoids in cannabis interact with our endocannabinoid systems to trigger responses in our bodies. Different types of cannabinoids have varied effects on the endocannabinoid system.
THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) are the most common cannabinoids. Depending on the levels present of these and other cannabinoids, some cannabis strains produce a mind high while others create a body high, or “body buzz.”
Head highs, also known as mind highs, result from high levels of THC. Effects of these high-THC strains typically include:
- Increased energy levels
- Increased motivation
- Creative thinking
High levels of CBD and low THC content cause body highs, also known as body fuzz. Effects include:
- Pain reduction
- Muscle relaxation
- Illness and symptom relief (such as migraines and nausea)
THC vs. CBD
There are three main strain options to consider when discussing the impact of THC and CBD. Each type of strain contains a different level of these cannabinoids. The three types are:
- Sativa: Sativa plants have high THC content, which stimulates a “mind high” and increases creativity, energy, excitability, and enthusiasm.
- Indica: Indica strains have higher CBD and lower THC content than Sativa plants. These strains trigger body-focused effects, including relaxation, an increase in appetite, and pain relief.
- Hybrid: Hybrids combine elements of Sativa and Indica strains to deliver different types and intensities of head and body highs.
Finding the Right Strain
When you know how different strains impact the body and mind, you can narrow down the options to suit your needs and preferences. When considering contenders, it’s beneficial to think about these key factors:
- The kind of high you want: Are you looking for a mind high or a body buzz?
- Your personality and character: Are you naturally calm? Are you upbeat? Do you get anxious easily or find it hard to be still?
- Your mood and energy levels: how do you feel, and how would you like to feel?
- Your health status: Do you have health issues that you’re looking to address?
- Your objective: What are you looking for from your cannabis experience? Do you want an energy boost, or do you want to feel calm? Are you in pain? Are you getting ready for a big day or winding down for a low-key evening?
What Is the Best Strain for a Body Buzz?
If you are looking for a high that delivers body-focused effects, there are various strains to choose from. The best strains for a body buzz have a high CBD content. Here are some of the most popular ones.
Oreoz is an Indica dominant hybrid strain, which provides a rapid high followed by total body relaxation.
Made from parent strains Secret Weapon and Cookies N Cream, Oreoz offers relief for a range of health issues such as:
- Loss of appetite
2. Desert Snow
Desert Snow is a 50% Sativa and 50% Indica hybrid. This strain is a rare breed because it produces an intense body buzz without making you feel tired or drowsy.
Desert Snow is simultaneously calming and invigorating, making it an ideal choice for those who want to relax without feeling like they want to drift off to sleep. If you fancy going for a walk or have a great book or movie to curl up with, this could be the ideal companion.
Desert Snow can also be beneficial for easing pain and enhancing creativity.
3. Mai Tai
Mai Tai is a potent hybrid strain famed for producing a profound, long-lasting body buzz. Made by crossing Strawberry Lemonade and Blueberry Limeade, this tropical strain induces mental relaxation while energizing the body.
If you’re looking for stress and pain relief, Mai Tai is a good choice. It can also help boost your mood.
Primus is an Indica dominant strain known for producing a euphoric high without making you feel overwhelmed. This strain offers an instant hit followed by a gentle transition to total body relaxation.
Primus’ soothing ability makes it an excellent choice for people with the conditions such as:
- Chronic stress
- Muscular aches and pains
- Loss of appetite
Ask Your Local Dispensary
Understanding how different strains affect the body can help you achieve your ideal cannabis high. These are great options if you’re looking for the best strains for a body buzz.
When choosing your best cannabis experience and finding consistency, consulting a professional can help you find the best fit.
Sign up for more of the latest news about cannabis in Nevada.